Best Mattress for Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (eds)
This is a complete guide to choosing the best mattress for ehlers danlos syndrome (eds) in 2022.
If you would like to minimize the disruption of sleep caused by eds.
Below are 10 of the best mattresses brands we recommend for eds.
Now let’s get started.
10 Best Mattresses for Eds
How well does Amerisleep work for people who have Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome? Amerisleep’s breathable cover ensures all-day comfort and can accommodate people with ehlers-danlos syndrome. The top comfort layer of the mattress has 3 inches of Bio-Pur foam, which is one inch thicker than the AS3’s top comfort layer. Additionally, the HIVE transition layer is 2 inches thick, providing zoned support and comfort. The base support layer is composed of seven inches of Bio-Core foam.
- Depending on the type of foam used, Amerisleep has the right mattress for you. You can expect it to arrive within 48 to 72 hours since it comes in a cardboard box. Additionally, the manufacturer offers a 100-night trial period, so you can try it out
- The Activus and transition foam layers of Amerisleep are among its features. The two layers work together to give your body even support and comfort. Combining these foams with the firm Activus layer, they make an excellent back support mattress
- It is Amerisleep’s goal to provide its customers with exceptional service and support. The company has an A rating from the Better Business Bureau. In contrast to the AS1, AS2 and AS5 models, the AS5 model is very soft
- Amerisleep mattresses are environmentally friendly and free of chemicals when it comes to longevity. There is no off-gassing, a term commonly associated with certain types of furniture and cars. They don’t release gases like foam mattresses
- Amerisleep mattresses are not only eco-friendly but also non-toxic. Using plant-based materials, their mattresses are chemical-free. Furthermore, the company offers free curbside delivery in the contiguous United States
Is Layla Sleep suitable for those with Ehlers-Dannos Syndrome? When you suffer from the disorder, you know how hard it can be to get a good night’s sleep. It’s a good thing there are many products on the market that can ease the symptoms and promote better sleep. Mattresses like these are designed to provide comfortable, supportive sleep for patients with EDS.
- In the Layla Hybrid mattress, you can find a great adjustable bed. For people with the syndrome who prefer a firmer mattress, this reversible mattress is perfect
- Layla Hybrid mattresses are reversible as well. The firmer side of the mattress is suitable for side sleepers up to 230 pounds. The medium-soft side is good for individuals under 130 pounds. A firmer mattress is recommended for people who weigh more than 230 pounds
- Back sleepers will appreciate the Layla’s pressure relief and solid support. The mattress is suitable for any body type and weight. For heavier people, however, the firmer side of the Layla is recommended
- If you have a large frame, the soft side will provide good pressure relief. Make sure you read all the reviews before you purchase a new mattress. The Layla Sleep Mattress can be a great investment for your health
- A 4 inch thick foam foundation provides the primary support for the Layla sleep mattress. Copper-infused foam is used in the next layer of the mattress. When you flip over the bed, it provides contouring on the sides
Consider a Nolah mattress if you need a new bed, especially if you are getting for someone who has eds. There are two different layers of foam in these mattresses instead of springs and they are known for their memory foam construction. Layers of high-density foam on the bottom, and softer memory foam on the top, provide support and comfort. Additionally, Nolah’s mattress has adjustable support systems to help you find the perfect fit for your body.
- Nolah mattresses come in three firmness levels: firm, medium, and soft. Tencel(tm) covers the original Nolah mattress, which has a 2-inch layer of foam
- The combination of latex and memory foam gives you a similar feeling to memory foam. While the Nolah Original mattress is somewhat less firm than other mattresses, it is still very comfortable for occasional sitting and is very firm for the most part
- A bed-in-a-box delivery method is used to deliver the Nolah mattress. To expand the Nolah, it needs to be placed on a foundation once it has been unpacked. It can take up to two days for it to reach its full size
- There may be some off-gassing at first, but it should go away by the time you sleep. When the mattress is fully expanded, you will feel its benefits
- The Nolah Original can be placed on either a flat foundation or an adjustable base. Shipping is free within the lower 48 states. In comparison to most other brands, Nolah offers a free 30-day trial period. You can return the Nolah within seven days of purchase if you are not satisfied with it. In the event that the trial period is too short, Nolah will arrange to pick up your mattress and donate it to a local charity
Finding the right mattress is crucial if you suffer from Ehlers-Danlos syndrome. People with EDS have a difficult time sleeping soundly and this condition can negatively affect their entire day, so finding a good mattress is important. Memory foam mattresses are one of several options available. Fortunately, foam mattresses are also available for people with Ehlers-Danlos syndrome.
Sweetnight Mattress may not be the only mattress for people with EDS, but it offers a few tips for those in the market. Firmness and reducing pressure points are important to a good mattress. Joint pain and even dislocations can occur if the softness is too high. An overly firm mattress can cause joint pain or even bleeding.
- Sweetnight Mattress is made from high-quality materials. Dust mites do not get irritated by its breathable rayon cotton cover. The layer of pressure-relieving comfort foam is also allergy-free. This makes the Sweetnight mattress an excellent choice for people with EDS
- SweetNight is a hybrid foam bed that uses gel-infused memory foam and an open cell, breathable cover. All three layers work together to provide targeted support and cooling
- There are both firm and soft sides of the SweetNight mattress, so you can choose the level of support you want. Two-sided foam mattresses are also hypoallergenic, which means that they won’t trigger your allergies
- SweetNight also offers a 100-night money-back guarantee. All parts and labor are covered by the warranty. There’s no reason not to try the SweetNight since it comes with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
- SweetNight mattresses are incredibly affordable and ship for free. It will arrive in a dorm-size box, but it will be easy for a family member or friend to unpack. It will take about 24 hours for the mattress to fully inflate, so a few hours of sleep will be enough
If you’re looking for a mattress that provides exceptional body support, the PlushBed is the one for you. Aside from five layers of plush foam, this mattress is protected from fire by an Eco Fire Barrier. There is also an 8″ plush foam core for optimal body support and contouring balance. Even heavy sleepers will find that the Dunlop latex used in the construction of the mattress holds up well.
- Apart from its impressive eco credentials, PlushBed offers an outstanding return policy. The product can be tried out for 100 days to ensure it meets the customer’s needs. All of the company’s products are vegan and organic. Its employees are dedicated to the environment, and they will do whatever they can to ensure the safety and health of their customers
- A Plushbed mattress provides an ideal sleep environment as one of its benefits. Its products are made of natural materials and recycled materials, which contribute to a greener environment
- You can even customize the color and design of the cover of your Plushbed. For people who are concerned about the environment, its environmentally friendly bedding is a great choice.
The company Naturepedic makes mattresses without harmful chemicals. It employs Amish craftspeople and is MadeSafe-certified. Consumers and producers alike can rely on its products. The company is also part of the Green Business Network. The company adheres to strict business practices that put the needs of consumers, employees, and communities first. This enables them to do business responsibly. Who’s to say this means sacrificing comfort for the environment?
- Naturepedic mattress manufacturers must undergo a rigorous certification process in order to meet their standards. Besides being certified organic and GMO-free, they use environmentally friendly materials and processes
- Additionally, Naturepedic mattresses are certified by the Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) and the Rainforest Alliance. Certification ensures that the materials used in their products do not contain harmful ingredients or VOCs.
Happsy is a firm, yet comfortable foam mattress with a EuroTop design. Its cover is made of organic cotton and is soft to the touch. It’s a nice touch to have a diamond-shaped pattern on the bed, and it’s also comfortable. Happsy uses no glue or other adhesives. Since the organic cotton cover is heat sealed, the edges won’t sag. In addition, it has a medium firm latex layer that helps prevent edge sagging.
- Even when purchased as a stand-alone mattress, the Happsy is relatively inexpensive. If you decide to purchase the optional latex topper, the price of the queen-size model will increase by approximately $400
- Happsy is much firmer than its competitors when compared with traditional foams. It is firmer than memory foam and more supportive for heavier people. This makes it a better choice for side sleepers
- Although the Happsy is firmer than traditional foams, its firmness makes it a better choice for people who weigh over 130 pounds. The mattress does not sink too much and can even be used by people who sleep on their stomach or back
- With over 972 pocket coils, the Happsy is ideal for people who sleep on their sides. The pocketed coils provide pressure relief and a medium-firm feel, so you should be able to find the mattress that suits you best.
Latex for Less
Choosing the right firmness for your first latex mattress can be a challenge. The two-sided Latex For Less mattress solves this problem by having Medium on one side and Medium-Firm on the other side. You can switch sides whenever you want, so you can find the firmness that suits your taste. The closest you can get to a One-Size-Fits-All mattress is this one.
- Latex for Less offers a 120-night trial period. During that time, you can return it for any reason. A trial period is especially important for those who are heavier than average, as a lighter sleeper may find the medium side too firm
- Latex For Less mattresses are shipped in small boxes within the United States to avoid off-gassing. The mattresses are carefully crafted and delivered to your doorstep in small batches
- The Latex For Less mattress is available in seven-inch and nine-inch sizes. We recommend the 7-inch model for individuals weighing less than 100 pounds. The 9-inch model is ideal for very small adults
- In contrast to other latex mattresses, the Latex for Less mattress is made of organic materials sourced sustainably. The fire barrier consists of two layers of latex, including a layer of natural wool
- For light sleepers, the firm side is best. Couples should choose the medium side. Adjustable bed bases can be accommodated with a split size
Eco Terra Beds
A queen-sized Eco Terra bed costs $1049, and each mattress comes with a 15-year warranty. Consider Klarna financing to avoid the steep price tag. If you purchase a trial bed, the company will pick up your old bed and refund you. Your body may need several weeks to adjust to this new mattress, but once you get used to it, you’ll be hooked. For superior support, these mattresses combine natural latex with premium encased coils.
- The Eco Terra mattress is quilted with a thin layer of super-soft foam. The company claims that its products are odorless and green-certified, and the latex comfort layer is completely silent
- Eco Terra mattresses are made of natural latex, organic cotton, and individually pocketed coils. They are designed to reduce motion transfer and are ideal for allergy sufferers. This mattress has no chemical off-gassing in addition to reducing your carbon footprint
- The medium-firm quality of this mattress is the perfect choice for most people, and you can get one right now. You will need enough storage space to accommodate your new mattress, though
- The Eco Terra mattress contains multiple layers of latex, including a 3″-thick layer that is combined with a plush fabric cover to prevent hips and abdomens from pressing against each other when sleeping
- The Eco Terra mattress is a latex hybrid mattress that performed well in most tests. Due to its temperature neutrality, it was among the few latex mattresses to be tested, outperforming some of its more expensive competitors
Saatva Classic mattresses are among the most popular mattresses in the Classic line. It has a cushy top and a medium-firm feel, but has a nice bounce and good support beneath it. It starts off quite firm, but gradually becomes softer. After a break-in period, you can even buy a second one, since you can return the first one and still use it for up to five years.
You can try out a Saatva mattress for 180 nights, which is more than twice as long as that of its competitors. If you’re not satisfied with it, you can return it for a refund (less $100 for shipping and handling). Additionally, you can visit one of the showrooms in New York City, San Francisco, or Washington, D.C., and try it out in person.
- One of the most popular models in the Saatva Classic line is the Classic mattress. This mattress has a medium-firm feel underneath its soft top. Saatva Classic’s height can be adjusted, but keep in mind that the higher you go, the firmer the mattress becomes
- Choosing a Saatva mattress based on its firmness level is important. A mattress’ firmness is an indicator of how well it will relieve pressure and promote a neutral spine alignment
- Saatva Classic comes in three firmness levels, each offering a softer version. The Luxury Firm version is the firmest. Plush Soft and Firm are the most durable
Selecting a Mattress based on Comfort and Support
When choosing a mattress, several factors need to be considered.
The first is the firmness of the mattress.
Individuals with back and neck pains should choose firm mattresses, while individuals with an average body weight should choose softer mattresses.
Mattresses with at least 400 coils and extra thick comfort layers can alleviate aches and pains.
Similarly, people with aches and pains should choose a supportive and cushioning mattress.
Comfort is directly related to the support of a mattress.
The firmer the mattress, the better the support, while the softer the mattress, the less support it provides.
An uncomfortable mattress can be caused by a soft mattress.
You should determine your comfort level based on your preferences. The mattress should feel comfortable to you, but should not be too firm or too soft.
By determining the level of comfort that you require, you can begin shopping for the right mattress.
What is Your Preference for a Firm or Soft Mattress?
Some people prefer a firmer mattress over a softer one for a variety of reasons.
Your weight and sleeping position will determine the firmness of the mattress.
You will need a firmer mattress if you sleep on your back rather than on your side. If you’re light, you should choose a softer mattress.
Heavy people will need a softer mattress to prevent their hips from sinking.
A mattress’ firmness is a matter of personal preference.
You may be able to find a mattress that suits your preference for firmness, but if your partner doesn’t like either, you’ll likely be stuck with an extra-soft mattress.
Such cases may require a split mattress, which consists of two separate, smaller mattresses of varying firmness.
Soft mattresses are preferred for many reasons.
If you’re heavier, a firm mattress may not be as supportive.
If you share a bed, a soft mattress may be too soft for your partner. In contrast, if your partner has a strong preference, then it will be difficult for you to switch positions during the night.
You can use a mattress topper if you are not sure what type of mattress is best for you.
A Mattress's Durability
Durability of mattresses is often determined by the base layer.
It may not be a critical layer, but a low-density layer will make a mattress less durable.
At least 3.5 pounds should be the weight of the polyfoam or innerspring base layer.
Coil gauges should be between 1.8 and 3 inches thick.
The innerspring base layer with a high density will be more durable than one with a low density.
The durability of a mattress depends on several factors, including its construction and material.
The durability of a mattress is also affected by the type of person sleeping on it.
Those who are heavier will compress the mattress layers more deeply than those who are lighter.
Thus, they should choose a mattress with a firmer and more durable top layer.
The firmer the upper layer, the better.
Consider more than just the price when choosing a mattress!
The durability of a mattress depends on the type of sleeper.
The layers of a heavier mattress will be compressed more deeply than those of a lighter mattress.
So, a heavy person should choose an upper layer that is firmer and more durable.
Soft and supple mattresses will not be comfortable for a lighter person.
However, light-weight people may still prefer a firm and comfortable mattress.
Mattresses that provide good support and comfort are available for them.